- Looking at the long-term chart of gold reveals similarities between the last couple years and the bottoming process around 2000.
- Absolute momentum is strong, however, we want so see relative strength against the stock market.
- 1700-1800 USD in mid-2020 looks quite possible.
- The daily gold chart shows a clear breakout of a bullish flag.
- The fact that the last down move was unable to retest the 200 DMA / lower part of the flag can be considered as quite bullish.
- My cycle model in the gold market (ETF: GLD) was accurate in calling the last two peaks and bottoms.
- A new buy signal is in place.
- The next peak is expected in late March 2020.
- Comparison between the recent gold price (ETF: GLD/ blue line) and similar patterns of the past (red line). All the look-back periods are adjusted to the recent price and volatility.
- If history is a guide, it is quite bullish for gold over the next couple months.
- Overall, a lot of things indicate a promising setup for gold into the first couple months of 2020.
- Silver and gold miners look even more attractive within the precious metal space.
- Follow me on Twitter to get frequent market updates: https://twitter.com/highlevelTrader
Free Subscription To The ETF Strategy (more)